All details are now confirmed and REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Event Location: The Palmetto Trail’s Lake Moultrie Passage (Directions available here)
Event Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018
Event Start Time: 10:00 a.m. (Onsite registration starts at 8:00 a.m.)
Event End Times:
- 8:00 p.m. on April 28 (Palmetto Expedition Marathon Distance – 26.2 miles)
- 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 29 (Palmetto Expedition Ultra Distance – 50 miles)
Cost of Registration:
Palmetto Expedition Marathon Walkers (26.2 miles in 10 hours)
- $40 – before January 1, 2018
- $50 – January 1 to March 31
- $60 – April 1 to Day of Event (t-shirts and medals not guaranteed)
Palmetto Expedition Ultra Walkers (50 miles in 20 hours)
- $60 – before January 1, 2018
- $80 – January 1 to March 31
- $100 – April 1 to Day of Event (t-shirts and medals not guaranteed)
NOTE: For those who register April 1 or later, we will attempt to have enough t-shirts and medals but they are not guaranteed due to order lead time.
Age Requirement: Participants must be at least 16 years of age and parents must sign a waiver of liability on behalf of minors. Parents should understand that we cannot be responsible for their teenager. If a parent is not walking with them throughout the event, the child could find themselves alone on the trail at times.
Packet Pickup Location/Date(s): To be determined
Course Terrain: Flat
We understand that things happen that can keep you from participating after you’ve registered. While we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of deferment where you can participate next year instead. Below are the steps to defer if it becomes necessary:
- Inform us via email at email@example.com that you need to defer until 2019. Please make sure to include the name you used to register. You must notify us BEFORE RACE DAY (by midnight April 27).
- Once deferred, you will not be able to pick up your race packet for the 2018 race (t-shirt and bib)
- Participants that are in a deferral status are not automatically registered for the succeeding year
- Contact us again after May 31, 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your deferral code
- Deferred participants must not register for next year’s event until they have a deferral code. We are not able to offer refunds when a participant is eligible for a deferral code but registers on their own.
- All participants who are eligible to defer are guaranteed entry into the succeeding race as long as they have followed the directions, completed the online liability waiver and paid the $25 admin fee by February 28, 2019.
- The deferments are only valid for one (1) year – the year following the date of original event registration.
- All complimentary entries and discounted race entry fees are not eligible for deferral.
Other Event Details
See this Frequently Asked Questions section for answers to the following:
- Will the event be held if there is inclement weather?
- What do I get if I register and/or finish? In other words, what kind of swag will I get for my registration fee?
- Are there awards for fastest finishers?
- What is your cancellation policy regarding registration fees?
- Will we be hiking all night?
- Will you really enforce the time limits of 10 hours for the marathoners and 20 hours for the 50 milers?
- Is this walking only? Can I do a combination of running and walking or run the whole course?
- Is this a good event for someone who wants to run a marathon or an ultra marathon?
- Where can I follow the event on social media?